Solartron Metrology contact gauging probes, LVDT probes or displacement sensors provide the gauge builder with the most cost effective solution for a range of dimensional precision measurement and positioning applications.
Feather Touch LVDT Probes have been designed to gauge delicate surfaces such as glass, thin sections, pharmaceutical products and tiny electro mechanical components. Whereas the traditional LVDT gauging probe exerts a force of 0.7N, the LVDT Feather Touch probe, when operated horizontally, exerts a mere 0.18N. This is achieved by replacing the naturally elastic gaiter with a close tolerance gland. On pneumatic versions of the LVDT probe air leakage through this gland is less than 2.5ml per second at 1 bar pressure, avoiding surface contamination while still providing a degree of cleaning the probe bearing.
Buy your LVDT sensor from Solartron Metrology and be sure that you are getting an LVDT sensor that is a result of 40 years continual improvement from our experienced design engineers, manufactured solely in our dedicated ISO9001 accredited factory in the UK. Be advised by our dedicated sales team to ensure you select the correct precision LVDT sensor for the application.
- Standard contact sensor tip force of 0.18N (options available)
- ± 1, ± 2,5, ± 5, ± 10 mm displacement transducer measuring ranges
- Linearity better than 0.5% of precision measurement
- Repeatability precision better than 0.05 µm
- Range of contact sensor tips available
- Pneumatic actuation
- IP50 sealing (fully sealed options available)
- Inductive sensors with excellent sideload capability
- Linear Variable Differential Transformer (LVDT) or Half Bridge options
- Displacement sensors available with vacuum retract