Solartron Metrology contact gauging probes, LVDT probes or displacement sensors provide the gauge builder with the most cost effective solution for a range of dimensional precision measurement and positioning applications.
A pneumatic LVDT probe (either pneumatic push or vacuum retract) allows the number of parts in the fixture to be reduced resulting in improved reliability and reduced fixture cost. It also allows for fast automatic loading of the part into the gauge as the displacement probe tip can be in the fully ‘retract position’ when this is occurring. Displacement probes such as the AX/5/1 have a mechanical movement of 10 mm with a calibrated range of ±1 mm at the beginning of the movement. The precision bearings inside the linear displacement sensor ensure precise positioning of the gauge probe tip. Attention to detail in both design and manufacture of the displacement sensor ensures precision measurement throughout the linear displacement transducer’s life.
Buy your LVDT sensor from Solartron Metrology and be sure that you are getting an LVDT sensor that is a result of 40 years continual improvement from our experienced design engineers, manufactured solely in our dedicated ISO9001 accredited factory in the UK. Be advised by our dedicated sales team to ensure you select the correct precision LVDT sensor for the application.
- ± 1, ± 2,5, ± 5, ± 10 mm displacement transducer measuring ranges
- Linearity better than 0.5% of precision measurement
- Repeatability precision better than 0.05 µm
- Range of contact sensor tips available
- Pneumatic actuation
- Standard contact sensor tip force of 0.7N (options available)
- IP65 sealing (fully sealed options available)
- Inductive sensors with excellent sideload capability
- Linear Variable Differential Transformer (LVDT) or Half Bridge options
- Displacement sensors available with vacuum retract